Did you know that December is the most popular month to get engaged? In addition to sweaters, candy and electronics, why not put a special ring under the tree this year? A diamond ring from Ben David will outshine any Christmas lights. And gentlemen, if you’ve been on the fence, trying to get up your nerve, now’s the time; she’s not going to wait forever.
Once you’ve got the ring, you still have another problem to solve: How should you propose? Remember, she’s going to repeat the proposal story to friends, family, and any possible progeny for decades. So you want to behave in a classy and memorable manner.
Remember these handy proposal tips:
- It may sound old-fashioned, but many families still appreciate you getting her parents’ blessing
- Getting down on one knee to propose is still in style.
- Don’t just give her the ring. Spell it out. Ask, “Will you marry me?”
- Pick a place that has special meaning to you as a couple to propose. Maybe the little restaurant you went to on a fabulous first date, or the neighborhood park you’ve walked through hand in hand together so many times.
- The ring is more important than the place you propose. So don’t blow your budget on the setup and skimp on the diamond. Remember, she’ll be wearing it for the rest of her life.
- Keep it a secret beforehand! You want the proposal to be at least a little bit of a surprise. So don’t tell family members or friends who might spoil it.
- Don’t go for a techy proposal unless your girlfriend is a tech type. If she is, perhaps that YouTube proposal or link to your proposal website is a good idea.
- Set yourself up for success, not stress. Fussy proposals that involve making her be in a certain place at a certain time, or hiding the ring in food that she might throw away or choke on, can easily go awry.
- Get personal. This is a moment she’ll remember all her life. The two of you together is what it’s all about. Even though public spectacles have become a popular proposal theme, only choose one if she’s a woman who really likes an audience.
How about a special December touch?
- Ask her under the mistletoe
- Incorporate the ring into a Christmas ornament
- Slip it in her Christmas stocking
- Propose in the snow
- Propose in the warm place you’ve gone to escape the snow
- Telling her you want to be married to her next Christmas, and every Christmas that follows
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like